
Brent took and edited this picture of us playing our tiny violins
Amber and Ryan and company came over this week, and after dinner we had a full-blown concert. Their kindergartener just started taking Suzuki violin from the same teacher as Kate. So the girls pulled out their 1/10 violins and played one piece after another. Then the two Suzuki moms favored the audience with a squeaky version of Twinkle Twinkle. We finished the evening with some truly rocking vocals performed on the Star Station. I enjoy these little concerts, as this sort of thing seems to be right out of a Jane Austen book, except my house doesn't have a proper parlor and Jane Austin's society didn't sing Alvin and the Chimponks songs.
I have to say about violin, I appreciate it more this time of year, with mothers' day around the corner. When I woke up last mothers' day, I felt like a good mother because at least I'd made it through months of music lessons with my daughter still liking me. Being the mother of a music student is as much work as being the student, I think. Kate and I have started making up a new game every day we can use for violin practice to keep it interesting. I think we've both come to enjoy that time together more, but it's still not easy all the time.

I have to say about violin, I appreciate it more this time of year, with mothers' day around the corner. When I woke up last mothers' day, I felt like a good mother because at least I'd made it through months of music lessons with my daughter still liking me. Being the mother of a music student is as much work as being the student, I think. Kate and I have started making up a new game every day we can use for violin practice to keep it interesting. I think we've both come to enjoy that time together more, but it's still not easy all the time.
That is so much fun that she plays the violin!! What is she just 5 yrs old? You should get mother of the year!! Way to go Amber!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I love it! I need to find Dallin a new violin teacher and you've just inspired me.
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed at Kate playing the violin! She is so grown up! I still remember her as tiny Kate, who sang songs from Martina McBride, and had a tiny little bob hair cut. Oh and her tinkerbell costume at Halloween!
ReplyDelete