Monday, May 5, 2008

McKinley Park

The kids and I were supposed to run errands today. But lately I have felt like I've been squandering this incredible spring weather, especially with the uber-hot Sacramento summer looming. So today, when I saw how perfect the weather was, we decided to forget our errands. We packed a picnic lunch and headed to downtown Sac to McKinley Park. We haven't made it there for almost a year, though it is my favorite park here. It is a full block surrounded by beautiful old homes, it has a pond full of swans and geese, an old brick library in the middle, and everyone from kids to joggers to vagabonds enjoying the scenery. We played, shared our picnic with a few geese, and couldn't believe our luck when we saw the rose garden in full bloom.

Thanks to Mom, Dad, and our friend Ryan for coming over to help with our bathroom on Saturday. They got all the electrical and plumbing done. Impressive. We've been in our house for over a year, always with the bathroom door closed as if the room doesn't exist. It will feel like a big home addition when we get this 2nd bathroom in.

2 comments:

  1. Amber - you are the amazing one. You dropped all of your errands and schedule to spend the day at the park with the kids!!!??? Contrast that to my day that I had planned out to the 1/2 hour so that I could get everything in that I thought was "important". Look at you putting "first things first" You win the mom award today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day!! That is what memories are made of. Hey I went private with my blog. Send me your email address to this temporary email address and i will send you and invite, if you want. funlittleboys@live.com

    ReplyDelete