Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Proud Laundry Moment

Brent came home from work Monday and jumped right into folding the laundry. Yes, I realize that I am a very lucky woman. Kate ran in and saw he was listening to a podcast as he folded (an Armstrong & Getty episode that talked about getting angry with inanimate objects, so funny). So she immediately ran to get my iPod and speakers and set them down so she could listen to her favorite podcast, Storynory, and help with the laundry. As you can imagine, this was was a wonderful moment for me.
On the topic of laundry, I have been actually staying on top of it much of the time lately. A woman in our ward introduced me to Flylady. And Flylady's suggestion for a morning routine alone has changed my life. Get up, make your bed, go get ready in the bathroom, wipe down the bathroom before you leave, and on your way out, grab a load of laundry and proceed directly to the washing machine. You do this every day. I have then been using lunch time to switch my laundry to the drier, and the time when dinner is cooking to fold or have Brent fold. So if you think about it, this means the clothes I am wearing today could be clean and back in the closet by dinner time tomorrow. Strange I know. But I think I could get used to it.

2 comments:

  1. This does sound like an effective routine. You are such a great homemaker. A little help from a good husband goes a long way.

    Tell Kate thank-you for the comments. She is so sweet. Such a cutie-pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh-laundry, my favorite topic!

    ReplyDelete