Sunday, May 18, 2008

There's nothing more wonderful than a good preschool teacher

Kate had the most fantastic year at preschool. She'd go twice a week to her teacher's home, and every day the kids would all visit the animals in the pasture, have a lesson and a snack, do an art project, have show-and-tell, and do all those other wonderful preschool things. I am so grateful for her teacher, obviously a gifted woman. There were many moments throughout the year when I realized just how great of a preschool her teacher was providing for us. One was when I offered Kate a bagel with jam for lunch, and she said, "No thanks, I already had a bagel with my teacher's homemade jam at preschool." Ya. My jam was store bought.

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have found that situation for Kate! Preschools (good ones) are hard to find! I love that first picture of Kate! I am going to have to send Ammon to preschool next year, he is so ready. Do you think the commute would be too far to bring him up there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I'm going to have to look hard to find a good preschool teacher at that caliber in Boise. I commented to Jon that her teacher looks like a mix between little miss muffet and a disney princess. She just looks like the sweetest lady with her animals, and flowers, and homemade jam. Wow.

    ReplyDelete