Sunday, April 20, 2008

Add this to your purse

This is a kite--an entire kite, fully assembled, string included. The kids and I passed by a display of these at Walmart for $4.88 and decided we should give them a try. It solves all my biggest kite-flying problems. There are no sticks to break, no little pieces to lose, and when you notice it's windy outside you don't have to run home and get your kite because it's already in your purse. The kids and I had 20 minutes to spare between an appointment and an Enrichment class at church, and we decided to try it out. It worked beautifully. I'd forgotten what a joy it is to fly a kite with a kid. Unfortunately it ended when Danny got it stuck in a little tree and I had to embarrassingly stand tip-toe on a chair trying to get it out while the other ladies showed up for the class.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE flying kites!!! I'm totally going to look for it next time I'm in Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a cute mom. i am going to copy you and add the kite kit to my mary-poppins-purse, right next to the coat stand. -Heather

    ReplyDelete