Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was it. Kate's last day of Kindergarten. I can't believe the tender age of kindergarten is behind her! Kate is proudly running around calling herself a first grader now.
Kate performed at the talent show for the entire school. She wore the new dress Grandma Fawson brought her when she performed the night before. Kate really enjoyed being part of the production. Then on to an ice cream social and some final play time on the kindergarten playground.
The teachers performed a little ceremony with the parachute. They gathered the kindergarteners underneath, then used a magic spell to turn them all into first graders. Myself and all the other parents stood by (helplessly!) watching kindergarteners go into the parachute and first graders come out.
Saying goodbye to friends and teachers.We got done a bit early and Danny had been asking to go to the big kids' playground. So while he played Kate and I sat on the blacktop and examined all her school work and art and talked about the year, with the principal counting down the minutes until summer over the loud speaker. Finally the last minute came and the kids all came spilling out of their classrooms, so we got up and headed home to enjoy the summer time.
The kids came home and got right to business enjoying summer. They'd never had a classic double popsicle before. So that was one of the items on the agenda.

2 comments:

  1. That's so neat that the school does so many fun things to mark the end of the school year. It would be such an easy thing to just let it pass, it's nice they make it a true milestone. Do you remember teachers doing things like that when we were kids? I don't, but maybe that's just memory problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am just wondering why you took BAH Fawson off of your list of blogs. I mean I finally update it and your blog shows nothing. How will people ever now when to read it.

    ReplyDelete