We have laying chickens! These five ladies needed a home, so Brent whipped up a chicken coop out of a dog house and the kids have been in heaven ever since. Kate feeds them and checks for eggs daily (at first it was hourly). We already have a favorite (Cocoa) and least favorite (Bach Bach).

Danny has been in frog heaven. Our backyard in hopping with dozens and dozens these teeny frogs. What could be better for a 4-year-old boy?
Danny led the pledge of alliance at preschool graduation. I could just picture him as a scout 8 years down the road. Luckily he has one more year of preschool left, because this is all going by too fast for mom.
Kate is enjoying lots of fun end-of-year festivities at her school. Just three days left of being a kindergartner. It's been a wonderuful, but fast year.
Mom graduated from cake decorating class. Check out my and Shanti's frosting masterpieces.
Our garden is coming along. Those are words I never thought I'd get to say!
Kate drawing her her new little portfolio I sewed for her. (I am sewing and gardening, this is huge for me!)
I love this picture a friend got with his dog during film shoot Brent did. Pretty dog, cute girl.
We hope you're all enjoying the beginning of summer!
We love them!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! I love the one of the little froggy in the jar. There's been much frog-catching around here lately, too. I love those little tiny ones. Did you know chickens like to eat them? Not that my kids would have discovered that or anything..........
ReplyDeleteAwww! I saw our chickens wandering around the pond and started to have my suspicions. Poor little guys. Glad your kids confirmed it for me. Now I'll be shooing the chickens away from there.
ReplyDeleteTime goes by way to fast. In about five months Kade will be baptized and in Cub Scouts. It has gone too quickly. Savana has the same hat that Kate is wearing in the pics. It just reminds me of summer :)
ReplyDelete