Monday, July 7, 2008

Two Summer Recipes

Ice cream in a bag (click here). Since finding this great recipe (thanks Crystal) we have made it twice on our way out the door for the pool. The kids help me throw it together, and then Kate jogs laps around the couch with it in her backpack to shake it up while I get everything ready. After our swim, it's ready to eat. So fun.


Spanglish sandwich. I'm totally into simple dinners in the summertime. Here is a favorite. It's the sandwich from the movie Spanglish (one of my all-time favorite movies). It's basically a BLT with an egg over easy. But somehow, the sandwich is better than the sum of its parts. It was created for the movie by the chef at French Laundry. Julianne made it for me once after we watched the movie together, and I was hooked. (I leave out the cheese and mayo, so I don't die instantly of a heart attack.)

3 comments:

  1. mmm! looks good! My kids can't believe you have your own cows! They're jealous! Love the Disneyland pics...we love it there! Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got the ice cream idea and am glad to hear it works! I can't wait to try it! I LOVE spanglish so I just might have to try that sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to see the ice cream in a bag recipe here! I've been wanting to do that with my boys all summer and I'm running out of time! thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete