Monday, July 28, 2008

A Good Week

This past week turned out to be such a nice week for us.



















Tuesday we got to see Tisha and Adley and Annake, who are visiting Cali from North Carolina. We tried to impress Adley with our cows, but all they did was stand near us and chew, which isn't really impressive at all. Luckily Adley found Danny's big boy bike impressive. Either way it it was so fun see them and get to catch up.

















Wednesday we met Brent after Kate's dance class and had frozen yogurt for dinner (hey, it's fat free) and put whatever toppings on we wanted. Danny was all about the gummi worms.

















Over the weekend we headed up to our ward camp out. The kids were so excited that it was actually cold enough to drink hot chocolate! (Every day they ask me, "mom, is it cold enough to have hot chocolate today?" "No children, it's 100 degrees outside.")
















Yesterday Kate really wanted to bake, so we followed the Frank's idea and made cupcake pops. (see the how-to video here and the simplified recipe here) We get to share these with our friends tonight for FHE, which will be so fun.

And as if all that wasn't enough, we got a call from Brent's sister, Amanda, to find out her boyfriend proposed to her from a boat on the middle of Bear Lake. Congratulations you two!



5 comments:

  1. Those cupcake things are so adorable. You should post the recipe and instructions or link it up.

    Looks like your family is doing good- not to mention just as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cupcake pops! Recipe please!!
    Glad to hear that Kate is doing dance. It's so fun for them! Love the ipod story idea...never thought of that! You are such a cute/great mom and I love to hear about your day/ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ladies,
    Thanks for the comments. I just posted the cupcake pops recipe. They're so fun, and even Danny enjoyed helping shape them, but if you do make them allow yourself a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber - thanks again for the yummy cupcake pops. They were a treat to behold and serious eye candy:) I am going to snag the link and the picture off your blog since I could not get a descent one last night. I had to fix a setting on my camera and now it is all better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try the cupcake pops. They look so cute and even fun to make. I'll let you know how mine turn out.

    ReplyDelete