Sunday, May 6, 2012

Kate is 9


I am always on the fence about whether to do catch-up posts. Kate has been 9, and Danny 7, for two months now, eek! But I thought I'd share a few details from birthdays.

Every year on her birthday, Kate wakes up in her birthday mood—determined to be delighted with everything that happens that day. It is quite charming, and I always forget about it until her day comes around. In fact, after seeing it again, I even hated having to share her and drop her off at school! But it always makes for a fun day.

The day was actually all about the desserts. And now that I'm writing this it sounds completely over the top, but we had chocolate-covered strawberries (her favorite) for our after-school study picnic, cupcakes for her sewing class, and baked alaskas and strawberry shortcake (her other favorite) with Grandma and Grandpa Fawson that night. Sheesh.

Kate had a few big highlights of the day--finishing book 7 of Harry Potter at school that day (!!), and she was tickled that her class sung CumpleaNos Feliz to her during Spanish. She also loved getting to be with her Grandparents, and loved the flower that Reid and I couldn't resist leaving for her at her desk. Running the jog-a-thon in the morning was not her favorite, but she dealt. At the end of the day she was too tired to write much in her journal, which she is very diligent about keeping, so just wrote that the day was awesome. Mission accomplished.

(p.s., don't you love the apron in the top picture? Kate got some very cool gifts this year from aunts and everyone else!!)







1 comment:

  1. So glad you did catch up on both of these! I love learning a little more about them and seeing all the pics!! What an awesome party! Looks like every detail was thought of, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete