Sunday, May 27, 2012

Date Night x 2


This was a busy week for Brent. He got to take me out on Thursday. We ate crepes and saw Wicked. And adored it.

Then Friday night was Daddy-daughter 80s night at the kids' school. I was kicking myself for not having the foresight to look for jelly bracelets on ebay, or a banana clip! But we managed to make do, and sent Kate and Brent out the door looking fab.

Kate had SO many questions about the '80s (boys got perms!? how did girls do that with their bangs?) I'm sorry to tell you that she and Brent did not win the rubix cube race, but they did take home the prize for Name That TV Theme Song. I'm so proud.

Beyond that, Brent almost finished the our wall of book shelves and window seat. yipee. I need to post pics. And I have had three nonstop weeks of tasting chocolate recipes and trying to design chocolate packaging, and realizing how much I am NOT a graphic designer, something I am going to remember for next year. But my favorite moment was when I was trying to cram in some work on Sat while hanging with the kids and Brent in the garage (it was warm but there was a burst of rain in the afternoon), and Kate walked out with a tray of hot chocolate and popcorn. We love that girl.

3 comments:

  1. We saw Wicked on Thursday too! Sorry that we didn't run into you there. I would have loved to chat for a minute! I always love to hear whats going on in your amazing life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Wicked on Thursday too! Sorry that we didn't run into you there. I would have loved to chat for a minute! I always love to hear whats going on in your amazing life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw Wicked on Thursday too! Sorry that we didn't run into you there. I would have loved to chat for a minute! I always love to hear whats going on in your amazing life!

    ReplyDelete