I set a goal to run 80 miles in May. Tonight, I had just 2 miles left to go, so Danny hopped on his bike to join me for the final run of the month. This was our first time trying a mother/son running/riding duo, and it couldn't have been nicer. Danny was remarking on what a "nice evening" it was and keeping me great company, and at the end, we did a victory run through the sprinklers. With how busy we've been this month with business, I'm considering this a major life accomplishment (thanks supportive husband, Reid and Danny for joining me on runs, and awesome running partner, thanks Shanti!)
And in the meantime Kate has had her own occupation, reading like mad! She discovered A Series of Unfortunate Events a few weeks ago, and cannot put them down. She'll call me over all the time to read particularly witty parts to me. I am loving it.
Danny also got to present his Flat Stanley project today, complete with pics of Stanley in custody of the Austrian police and standing next to wax sculptures of Arnold Schwarzenegger. We pretty much have the most awesome cousin (Thank you, Tamara!!) and Oma and Opa ever. He felt pretty cool sharing it with his class.
80 MILES!! WOW! Way to go Amber!!
ReplyDeleteThose are 80 awesome miles! Congratulations Amber. We are proud of you. It was also so very nice to get to know Flat Stanley. Tamara was kind enough to let us bring him home after showing him a few extra places in Europe. I am sure he will never jaywalk again after being detained by the Austrian Police!!!
ReplyDelete