Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fenway

One week we were watching the Giants play in San Fran, the next week we were watching the Sox at Fenway. Not bad. A giant THANK YOU to the wonderful Aunt Andrea and Uncle Rick and awesome cousins who took care of our kiddos so Brent and I could live the dream and hang out in Boston!

The Sox lost, btw, after being up 9-0. The crowd around us was a riot, we made friends with the Yankee fans behind us and the Sox fans in front of us, who also made friends, except when they were making plans to meet in the parking lot after the game.

Other highlights,
Finding a favorite local pizza place with a line around the corner on a Thursday night. We sat at the bar and ate Mediterranian pizza and made friends with some Rangers fans who were just heading out of town.
The history! We stayed at the hotel that invented Boston Cream Pie and Parker House Rolls, and walked the Freedom Trail. Totally unreal, standing on bunker hill and the sight of the Boston Massacre, and seeing the graves of the victums and Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, John Hancock and many more. I was in awe.
We stopped at Paul Revere's house to see a recital of The Ride of Paul Revere, which coincidentally I have memorized : ) because I am a nerd, and so I had to restrain myself from joining along while a very dear dressed up college kid read it and only got a few words wrong...

2 comments:

  1. So fun, Boston is on my USA list!! Love the pics and oh this dessert looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky. It would be so fun to visit Fenway and Boston too. Looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete