As of two hours ago, the Fawsons have a garden! A very little garden, but I'd say it's actually an ambitious garden for Brent and me. We're completely counting on Kate's kindergarten-learned skills and good luck to keep it alive for us.
Oh my goodness! I'm so proud of you and Kate! (please tell her how excited Aunt Cherie is) True, it is a little small, but big enough for at least some rows of lettuces, carrots, and a juicy tomato plant. Now you just need about 5 more of those boxes :) I told Jon the other day that if we drove to Loomis in May instead of July I'd put in a garden for you but I guess you must have read my mind!
Thanks, Cherie! You're the best. Hi Dad. I'm crossing my fingers on the soil. We used the minimum 6 inches recommended by a square foot gardening website (which I learned about from Enrichment a couple weeks ago).
Next year I need you two to come out and be my consultants!
I've read about square foot gardening. If only I could get JD to build a box for me.... That won't be happening this summer, b/c he has school (along with full time work). It seems like it is a very efficient way to garden. I'll just have to make use of my dirt bed areas already in my backyard for some tomatoes and squash. I'm keeping it simple, too, b/c I haven't done any gardening since I was a little girl (and I don't want to be outside in the heat alot while I'm pregnant). I hope the garden turns out some yummy veggies!
Oh my goodness! I'm so proud of you and Kate! (please tell her how excited Aunt Cherie is) True, it is a little small, but big enough for at least some rows of lettuces, carrots, and a juicy tomato plant. Now you just need about 5 more of those boxes :) I told Jon the other day that if we drove to Loomis in May instead of July I'd put in a garden for you but I guess you must have read my mind!
ReplyDeleteYou may need a little more soil for the roots to take hold!
ReplyDeleteDad
Thanks, Cherie! You're the best.
ReplyDeleteHi Dad. I'm crossing my fingers on the soil. We used the minimum 6 inches recommended by a square foot gardening website (which I learned about from Enrichment a couple weeks ago).
Next year I need you two to come out and be my consultants!
I've read about square foot gardening. If only I could get JD to build a box for me.... That won't be happening this summer, b/c he has school (along with full time work). It seems like it is a very efficient way to garden. I'll just have to make use of my dirt bed areas already in my backyard for some tomatoes and squash. I'm keeping it simple, too, b/c I haven't done any gardening since I was a little girl (and I don't want to be outside in the heat alot while I'm pregnant). I hope the garden turns out some yummy veggies!
ReplyDeleteLove the septic tank in the background!
ReplyDelete