Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our Street Performer

Kate played her first charity concert today! kind of. Her school is collecting Pennies for Patients, so she and I came up with a plan for her to perform some fiddle music in front of the local grocery store to collect money. She did great. We rosined up that bow and she played strong for 20 minutes. Several people were so generous, so we collected some good money for the fundraiser. Kate was quite proud, and we are too. (and we had some way nice friends watch Danny so I didn't have to worry about him booking it to the parking lot!)

7 comments:

  1. How super! A much classier way of fundraising then her dad is famous for. He and his siblings sold 2000 candy bars in front of the post office many years ago...for a band trip to Canada. I bet everyone thought she was the cutest. Did she set up at Raleys? We are proud of you Kate.
    Love Gma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Kate (and mom). Would have loved to see you. So, where can we make a donation?

    Love,

    Opa and Oma

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's Awesome! Way to go Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yo! How much dough? Spill it! Great plan, did people get what it was for? Or did they wonder if you were foreclosing on your house?

    ReplyDelete