Sunday, September 28, 2008

Nevada City Getaway

Brent and I just spent the weekend in Nevada City at a bed & breakfast. For three amazing days we hiked and read and ate good food and had good talks. It's been a couple years since our last get away (Brent booked me a cruise the year I turned 28 and he 30, this trip was another b-day gift, 2 yrs later). And it's amazing how, once I got to spend so much attention on this good looking man, I realized how little attention he gets from me on a normal day, (when I try to listen to how work is going over dinner at the same time I coerx Danny to eat two more bites) and really what a shame it is b/c it turns out he's still quite attention-worthy. But the weekend was fantastic. And thanks to Mom and Dad Fawson, I don't think the kids even noticed we were gone.

We stayed at this amazing B&B.
And we had this amazing food for breakfast.
One of my favorite things to do on vacation is go for a quiet, early morning jog and just explore. This time I drove around after and took pictures of my favorite places.
Brent mastered a local small-town hobby: river rock balancing. I, on the other hand, couldn't balance a pebble.
We had a gourmet picnic in the shade of this covered bridge. Covered bridges are so romantic, aren't they?
We loved this spot on the Yuba river.This was at a store in Downiville.
I brought home a couple finds (Brent refers to them lovingly as junk) A Pepsi-tray, an old ice cream maker, and a book of Ancedotes by Little, Brown. Ah. Few things make me happier than a good reference book.
Thanks for an incredible trip, hon. No one in the world knows how make me happy like you do.

I have to finish with pictures from the week, with Kate and Danny at their cousin Ella's b-day party. (Aunt Andrea turned all the girls into ponies). I'm not sure how we managed to live without these cute kids for the weekend, but somehow we got by.

6 comments:

  1. Oooohhh...that sounds like the perfect getaway. Fabulous pics. I'm realizing more & more that you're living my dream life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amber. uandbrent are too fun to read about. i think your "junk" is great.

    oh. i know. i am afraid that i might forget that i have a hubby when the kids exit the womb. i am not the great listening-wife that i should be now. oh oh. i'm in trouble.

    ty wants me to ask, "do you remember when we took that hike?" i refer to it as the helluva hike. (the photo you took of the yuba river reminded ty of that great swimming hole we were all so blessed with after a grueling hike in.)

    love tyandlinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pics are wonderful. i love being able to see your beautiful family. you remind me to stop and smell the roses. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments, girls!
    @ Linda--yes, I will remember that hike until the day I die--walking straight up the hill for a really really long time. But the swimming hole was pretty dang cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a wonderful trip and so romantic! I love the two of you! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice of you to give the link to the Pony Party, but, Ummm it also shows my lack of imagination.

    ReplyDelete