Brent did it! He finished the bathroom. I'm elated.
And, he managed to fit in one more project. He and the kids made thoughtful spots. Danny is fully obsessed with Winnie the Pooh. He listens to the A.A. Milne books every night before bed, watches the movie, sings the songs, and carries around a Pooh Bear that is getting dirty fast.


OTHER FUN FINDS: Yumm, we tried this Berry Grunt and this Triple Sesamie Salad with Scallops and loved them. Also this week Kate's been listening to The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane and Harriet the Spy, she recommends both. (Someday I will post the many audio books Kate's listened to. She puts me to shame, and I was an English major.)
COMING PROJECTS: Now that I've been blogging for a year, I'm planning to make a book out of it at blurb.com, which, the sight says, can "slurp" my blog right into a book. (Which will hopefully appease the guilt I have for not scrapbooking.) Has anyone tried this? Also, for my LDS friends, I've been working with a woman in my ward on some very cool General Conference activities for kids, and am hoping I can post them soon.
Time to have more little Fawson babies!!!! You certainly can't have all this free time on your hands....we love you guys.
ReplyDeleteOh my. Your bathroom is gorgeous! LOVE the honeycomb tile. And the subway tile. and the cabinets. And the sconces. And the mirror (is it one of those that pivots in the middle so you can angle it up & down?) Seriously. Such a pretty room.
ReplyDeleteHow old are Kate & Danny? Love Danny's shoe selection for his first day! Classic. And his thoughtful spot is delightful.
Total scores on etsy. Love that place.
A few of my friends have done blurb books and they have been happy with them. I need to do one too!
I know a couple of people who have done blurb books who love them. I started.... a while ago! I need to get going and finish it!
ReplyDeleteI love the bathroom. I can't wait to see it. You should put a before and after picture of the bathroom. You guys are amazing.
ReplyDeleteWow - so much to comment on...
ReplyDeleteDanny looks thrilled to be going to school, and Kate is such a sweet big sister.
The bathroom looks AWESOME!! And I like the extra shower head - very European :) And... your decorating ideas are fun (Angela needs your ambition to put something up on her bedroom walls - we never did that).
I love the thoughtful spot - you have the perfect yard for it. Again, I am just not that creative or ambitious. New recipes, all the reading you do, keeping up a blog... I thought I was supposed to have time now that I'm "older" - where does it go? Or have I just slowed down !?!
Love you all,
Mom
Love the bathroom...and we were lucky enough to see it in person! Brent is talented like his Father...if I do say so myself. Amber LOVE the ebay sign! A touch that really does fit the period look. Danny is ready for Ike if it hits CA! So cute but I think I believe someone in a Pooh story wearing rain boots??? My grandchildren are such a joy...if I do say so myself.
ReplyDeleteAmber can you bottle your energy?
Love
Mom F
Thanks for the comments!
ReplyDelete@ Crystal--Yes, the mirror pivots, it's so fun. There's a Restoration Hardware outlet by Andrea's where we bought a lot of the stuff. Also--Kate is 5 and Danny is 3. They play a lot together--I'm telling you, you will love having 2.
@Amanda--I've been meaning to post before and after pics of the whole house for a year now, but I just keep waiting for one more thing... maybe I should just forget it and post them.
Amber I am loving your fun bathroom. It was so worth the wait. I want to come over just so I can go in it. You guys never cease to amaze me. I love your style. Maybe I can be a little more like you when I grow up???? That may be too much to ask
ReplyDeleteLove the rain boots (kid after my own heart!) My 4 year old Alex wore them almost every school day last fall and winter (mostly because he could never find his shoes and socks as we were rushing out the door! But they became his fashion statement and a photographer friend even took his pics.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, LOVE the bathroom, love the thinking spot, love the talents and the energy and enthusiasm. You are amazing and we miss you here in San Ramon. I agree with Mom F--can you bottle what you have please!?
love the bathroom! and that sign you found is priceless!
ReplyDeletei'm especially excited about your finding the blog/journal/book thing. I've been wanting to look into that since I also carry a huge heap of shame for not scrapbooking. Let me know what you think about it!
Happy thoughtful spotting!
So. The bathroom looks awesome. Congratulations for finishing it! I am jealous because I LOVE the subway nad penny tiles. You know how I know that? When tyandi were remodeling our Orem home bathroom, that was my first choice of style for the makeover. However, Ty did not catch the vision and we opted for something not vintage. Love the work you did. Miss you.
ReplyDelete