Sunday, September 21, 2008

General Conference Games

Check out these general conference candy bar wrappers. We updated these from the LDS site on about.com and taped them on the mini-Hersheys chocolate bars. Fun for games before or during conference. I made this centerpiece and Kate has been nonchalantly checking which General Authorities she knows whenever she passes by the table.
Napkin trivia! I gathered a list of trivia on the presidency and the 12, but I'm not sure how to post it here. I'd love to email it to you if you want it.

I helped put on an Enrichment night at church this week that included some fun games for kids to do before and during General Conference in October. My kids have really enjoyed the ones we've tried. I'll upload the activities as pictures at the bottom of this post, and hopefully you can click them to open them in a new window, then right click to save them on your computer (is there a better way of doing this?)

Here are the (1) wrappers and one of our favorites, (2) coloring the ties.












This one is 3-way memory. Thanks to the Davis family for helping us test it out!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cute idea!! We will be doing this at the Sager's !!! yeah for fun ideas. you are such a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I don't have kids but this stuff is just too cute! I might have to get some friends over for a conference party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so cool amber. you are a very crafty person.

    i am sure julianne will be great at it, but if not, will you raise our children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, those are terrific! Cora's a little too young, but I think we'll try them anyway! Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and could you email me the napkin fun facts? Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, where do you find the time? Those are amazing. Way to go. The pizza in the previous post also looks amazing, and I can't believe I didn't know about Danny's asthma! We also want to visit soon to see your new bathroom! Last, congrats to Danny and Kate on their first days to preschool! (How's that for a few comments all rolled into one?) :)

    We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally doing this, my family would get a kick out of it! Thanks Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber? Will you please email me the napkin trivia and tell me how it works--the whole trivia thing on napkins. Thanks babe.

    love linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. bigpondjunkie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you never stop amazing me! I wish I was more computer savy cause looking at these tiny things boggle me! How can I do it?? Email me please!! cardonashan@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute are you!?!? I'm so impressed and thanks for all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I figured it out but I would like you to email me the triva!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete