Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mmm, PIzza

The priests came over to make deep dish pizzas for a church cooking contest (Brent chose the dish). They turned out so good, homemade crust topped with 3 cheeses, homemade pesto, then filled with crushed tomatoes with fresh spices. Oh ya.
We've been busy with several other things too, fun and not-so-fun. We took Danny in Friday for his asthma. He was so good, he fell asleep in my lap while he was being "nebulized." I walked out holding a sleeping kid, 5 medications, and lots of literature; and we had our own nebulizer delivered that night (Danny calls it his astronaut machine). Wow. I've been saying thank-you prayers all week that I can raise my little ones in a place and age with modern medicine and antibiotics.
I also have been keeping right on top of my laundry. I was so proud of myself throwing in a load of lights as we raced out the door on Wed., at the same time I was wondering where on earth I had put my cell phone. Ya. I puzzled for a while before the moment of enlightment finally came. I went racing to the washing machine, but it was too late. I found my shiny pink phone very laundered and completely dead in the pocket of my capris. So don't try to call my cell for a while.

I also shopped and volunteered at the JBF kids' consignment sale. This is my way of only having to shop for my kids clothes a grand total of two times a year. It doesn't quite happen but it's close.

3 comments:

  1. Leave it to kids to put a fun side to the medical musts in their life...so cute "astronaut machine". I hope that was your old phone??? I know it was 5 years old the last I saw it and that has got to be one for The Ginnis Book. I passes your blog on to a friend and she has dozens more friends so your ideas may get out and help a lot of desperate parents.
    Love MOM F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mom. Sadly, this was my "new" cell phone. Brent finally replaced my ancient one several months ago. I still have it, maybe I'll have to revert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad about your phone! I've washed our car keys before (with the auto door openers) and thankfully they are waterproof. Someday they will make all phones waterproof too!

    I love the cook-off prize!

    And that's so great you found a path to help Danny out--I know I feel relieved when I feel like I have a handle on something like that and am not just floundering looking for solutions....

    ReplyDelete