Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Minivan on Fire!

Today our preschool carpool was sick, so we ended up changing our plans a little for the day. The four of us (kids, me, and dog in kennel) hopped in the minivan at 8:47 a.m., and pulled out of the garage. By the time we were pulling back in at 2:15 p.m., this is where we'd been:

Preschool to drop off Kate
Nordstrom Rack to make return
B&N for Danny to play with Thomas the Train
Quickie dog walk #1
Kaiser for eye appt
Borders to buy tissue paper
Noah's bagels because it was next door
Quickie dog walk #2 and quickie bagel picnic (pictured)
Preschool to pick up Kate
Library to pick up books
Quickie dog walk #3
Violin lesson
Drop off preschool work to Kate's sick classmate
Drop off Enrichment calendar

Check us out. The best part about it was that it didn't feel rushed. I have to say, one of the best things in the world is being on an errand with one of the kids and finding we have an extra 10 or 15 minutes just as we come across a sunny patch of grass and a bagel shop. Life doesn't get better than that, my friends. Well, maybe if Noah's bagels was a little cheaper, but I can accept that.

3 comments:

  1. Having one child is so much easier. I always feel like I can get so much more done with only one child. sounds like fun day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I'm not rushed, and I get a lot done. I think being rushed is really in my head a lot of the time. If I just stop and look at my list and think what do I REALLY have to do, and what can wait, it is so much better. Thanks for the reminder to smell the roses :) I love the video of the kids. They will love to see that when they're older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what is better than finding a sunny spot with 10 or 15 minutes to enjoy? Trying to find that sunny piece of grass buried under 3 feet of snow. Man this sucks to see that California is once again so nice and sunny when we keep getting pounded by snowstorm after snowstorm. Maybe we will see grass again in July. Heres hoping anyway.

    ReplyDelete