We have had a fun week, full of events mostly revolving around chocolate and church. Really, we can't complain. Following are a few of our more chocolate-centered activities:
On Tuesday night I taught an Enrichment on chocolate dipping. This required I LEARN something about it. I'd always melted chocolate chips and called it good. But I love a good research project, so I really went for it. Did you know you should temper your chocolate, not just melt it? (You don't get "fat bloom" that way) and that couverture chocolate is about 100 times better for dipping than chocolate chips are? As usual with any research project, I went overboard and put together a 6-page document of chocolate dipping overkill, if anyone's interested.
Brent an I are on the activities commitee, so on Friday we hosted a valentine's dance, complete with chocolate fountain. We learned some cha cha and I taught a little hip hop, which went well, to my surprise. I taught everyone the superman dance.
On Sunday we had our cousins over and celebrated Rick's birthday with German chocolate cake.
On Monday night, we had the activities committe over to help us finish off the leftover chocolate from Friday. You think I'd be tired of chocolate by now, but I have to say, I'm not there yet. I think I'm craving a cup of hot chocolate right now.
Sounds like a great week! I would anctually totally be interested in a 6 page handout on chocolate dipping. Brent and I got a fondue set at our wedding, but I haven't got around to using it yet. You should email me when you have a sec. lucylacey@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks Amberlee!
How fun to have a princess picnic!!! I would not know anything about how to even have one. Iguess we could have a prince picnic. Do you think the boys would enjoy it? hope you are having a good day!!
ReplyDeleteyou can never complain about a week of chocolate right? I'm impressed about the 6 page doc on chocolate dipping, I better not ask, ignorance is bliss, I'll stick to the chocolate chips! :)
ReplyDeleteAmber, you must have inherited your love of chocolate from Dad! Of course I like it too, but sometimes anything "bready" actually sounds better (and it often has chocolate in it anyway). Love you - Mom
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding? I can't hear or talk enough about chocolate!
ReplyDeleteI want you to teach me the superman dance the next time I see you. I see them do it on Ellen all the time! :)