Danny joined me for my first appointment today and was thrilled to get to get to see the ultrasound. My NP told him the baby looked a little like a gummi bear and he couldn't stop giggling. It's so amazing to watch my kids' reactions this time around.
I am feeling very loved. I've been having fun with morning sickness but have lots of sweet women checking in on me. Andrea, who's been through this four times, left her four kids and many responsibilities and spent the day here Friday, doing wonderful wonderful things like cleaning out my fridge. She made a Costco run for me and she and Kate picked out a pink bouquet so it could be a girl, they decided. Thanks, Andrea!!
Brent and the kids have also been fantastic. I've sent Brent on many an odd errand and he never complains. And he's raising our children and putting up molding all at the same time. And my kids have been so low-maintenance.
I wish I could say the same thing about the cows. Coolie has earned the well-deserved nick name knothead from our neighbor. A wonderful man who herds her back and patches a fence from time to time. I chase that stupid cow back three times a day some days. And I'm already nauseous and grumpy to begin with. So we're thinking she's going to last as long as this last bag of feed, then she can bid this fair world good bye. I'm excited b/c I met a women in my brother's ward who grew up in Nebraska and who had some time-tested rancher-approved way to get the cow ready to become prime meat. I must be getting used to the idea b/c I'm looking forward to showing up at my neighbor's with a stake to thank him for all his troubles. We're going to keep Moolie around though, she's been a good girl. So, to come full circle, maybe Moolie will get to meet the new baby in the summer.
congratulations! that is very exciting! very cute how excited danny and kate are, fun that they are old enough to have an idea of what is going on! love to you all! and I hope the morning sickness goes away soon!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the pregnancy! What wonderful news. I'm sorry you're not feeling well, but three cheers for Andrea coming to visit!
ReplyDeleteThe world will be a better place with another Fawson baby. I hope you feel better soon. Two of my kids survived unisom and don't seem any worse because of it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I hope you feel better soon. How fun to have your kids so excited about the baby... I bet they will be great helpers!
ReplyDeleteHi girls. Thanks for the notes! Kacey, I feel much better already knowing that. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is exciting news! I hope you can feel better soon, and I hope the B6 and unisom help.
ReplyDeleteUnisom is awesome, you will love it! I had really bad nausea with this last one(at night) and had to take it along with RX nausea meds. As for Coolie...put her on a high corn diet that will make for some really lean meat! Believe me I would know. ;)
ReplyDeleteyay for baby fawson!!! he/she is going to be a runner for sure. if he/she is going to run a 1/2 marathon with us in may, then he/she is gonna come running out when he/she is born!!! =) i'm totally excited for you guys. let me know if you need anything! i'm gonna have a ton of baby girl clothes if you want any!
ReplyDeleteHeather--you read my mind! I was about to find you on facebook and get cow advice! I love that I now have you as my cow expert friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessica and Shanti! Shanti--I hope the baby comes out running, because it's probably going to come out liking Doritos and juice, which I've had way too much of the last month.
That is so exciting!! i am sorry about the morning sickness no fun!! That is very cute that your kids are excited about the baby. What a luck baby to come to you guys!!
ReplyDeleteHey! How is the Unisom working for you? I love it and I am hoping it works for you. As for Coolie... He will leave this world knowing he is making people happy and hungry people full. :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Unisom and am glad to hear I can use it for the next baby. Congratulations on yours!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Amber!! That's so exciting! Having 3 is fun, but a little adjustment. I feel for you w/ the morning sickness department. My 3rd was the worse!! Are you finding out what you are going to have or leaving it a surprise? :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What a lucky baby to join your sweet family! Best wishes for a smooth pregnancy!
ReplyDelete