Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inaugaration Day

So, I did not vote for Obama, but I couldn't hold back the swell of enthusiasm I felt when I woke up this morning knowing he will be inaugurated in a few hours. On a whim of patriotism I sent the kids off to school wearing red, white, and blue (after making them watch coverage of the inauguration preparations on the Today show). I feel so proud that America is about to have its first black president. And I'm glad that Barak Obama is the man to be doing it. Because though I don't agree with him, I respect him, and it makes the ceremony of the day so enjoyable.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself. I to didn't vote for Obama, but I respect him. Lets just hope he has some good things up his sleeve for this country, we sure need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited to watch the inauguration, but was asleep during it all until the final prayer. I tried to stay up, I promise. But, not being able to sleep during the night did me in. What a day for America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you completely. I don't agree with his politics however, he has the ability to stir emotions within people. Hopefully that will help to unite our country. Kate and Danny look adorable.

    ReplyDelete