Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ty & Linda, Grandma & Grandpa

We had a great weekend. Grandma and Grandpa Barthule came up to hear Kate sing in the church primary program, and Ty and Linda happened to be passing through town and stayed the same two nights. We talked, played Wii and board games, and got up way too early Sunday morning to make 8:30 church.

It was so fun to see Ty and Linda again. Ty and Brent were roommates at BYU while they were both trying to decide what to do with Linda and me. It was so great to hang out again. They're expecting their first little girl and we're SO excited. Linda brought some awesome cookies, among other goodies, that Grandpa insisted Grandma get the recipe for.
Kate did great at the primary program. She had an acapella solo--the last song of the program. Brent was worried as he watched her during the program, gazing and the ceiling and dangling her arms over the banister and making occasional faces and otherwise acting like an inattentive 5-year-old. But when her time came she was clutch. She walked right up on cue and sang perfectly. She didn't even glance at me for cues. It was fun to have Grandma and Grandpa there, being proud along side us.

Our kids are growing up! Kate got her first loose tooth this week. She is so completely pleased. She seems to feel like she's even more grown up than she'd imagined. I, of course, am less pleased she's growing up so fast. I also told Danny he was old enough to try a quite time instead of a nap time today. But he's fallen fast asleep. So I'm taking some consolation in knowing that my baby still needs naps.

Today we walked home from school and it was beautiful. On Kate's suggestion we stopped to play Pooh sticks on our way. Here's a pic from my phone.
I am mostly keeping up with my Christmas to do list. I separated out all our Christmas decoration boxes (these are ALL Christmas boxes!?!?) and I would just like to know how we got this much stuff and what in the world could be in this many boxes?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Amber,

    I found your blog from the Nunners. It was great to see your cute family and see what you have been up to since the Campbell Ward.

    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Caleb will be so jealous that Kate has a loose tooth! We check like every day to see if any of his are loose, but I think they might be cemented in. =) Great pics of the kiddos! Glad Kate's solo went well and that she didn't fall off the stage or miss her cue. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have been busy! Way to go Kate on the primary program - - I bet her part was beautiful! The primary program is always my favorite meeting of the year.

    ReplyDelete