Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Good Halloween

Alice in Wonderland with her Kindergarten classmates.

I'm taking a quick break from all the election day prop 8 stuff. I am a little nervous about what will happen if prop 8 passes or fails. Either way there's work to be done. It's been so divisive.

On happier notes, we had a great Halloween. Danny and I went to watch the costume parade at Kate's school. Danny was very patient while we watched "chick magnets" and "wiimotes" and lots of others march by. Our trunk or treat was canceled, so we decided last minute to have friends over for some pre-trick-or-treating chilie and cornbread. It was so fun. Thanks to Lacey I had a great white chilie recipe to go next to my brown chilie recipe, and the kids all got to see their friends dressed up.

Getting up to halloween was so crazy, that I'd completley forgotten to look forward to just hanging out with the kids. When we finally got out to trick or treat, and I found myself holding hands with a little 3-year-old pirate, who was still figuring out the whole trick-or-treating sequence, I really enjoyed myself. Both kids were in full Halloween rapture. We found a local trunk or treat that is put on, I beleive, by another church. Everyone was so nice and the kids loved it. The kids really had the best of all worlds. We ended the night with trick or treating to friends and teachers and talking to Grandma and Grandpa Barthule on Skype. We're so lucky to have so many great people in our lives.

My two pirates.
Alice with the Queen of Hearts, incase you can't quite tell.
Making some serious chilie.Danny at the trunk or treat.Cute friends.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! It makes a ton, huh? Hopefully you had enough people to share it with.

    I love the costumes.

    Good job to California! Thanks for representing our nation well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey, I actually went crazy and made two batches, it was a lot of chili. Luckily it is so yummy it was easy to send extras home with people.

    Thanks for the congrats. It's been a faith-building experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of your hard work in calf. on prop 8!! You guys looked great on Halloween. did you make those costumes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, those kids are too darn cute. I love the action shot of you making the chili. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love checking in on your cute family! Your Halloween costumes are great. Can't get over how big Kate is... Time truly flies, doesn't it!?

    ReplyDelete