Kate is listening to Dicken's
A Christmas Carol. This after watching the Disney version on DVD this afternoon. (Who would have thought to cast Goofy as Marley? but it works.) Listening to it takes me back to December two years ago. I was giving Brent a break in our never-ending project of fixing up our house. He stayed in Fairfield with the kids for a night. I, meanwhile, was all alone in our dim little house in the middle of the country as evening came on, with one of those bright home-depot light trees shining in the hallway. The subfloor was exposed and covered in chalky remnants from wall texture, and the rest of the house was partly torn apart and partly put back together. I painted the top corners of the hallway while listening to
A Christmas Carol, and occasionally laughing outloud at the beginning and near tears and still grinning at the end. What a great story.
I have fun pics from this week I'm hoping to post soon. Kate was Star of the Week at school and played violin for her class. We all decided we'd sing ABCs while she played. She'd never accompanied before, but she did great. She missed a part or two but caught right back up with us. We also made story CDs for each of her classmates to take home.

cute story about "a christmas carol." =)
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see the pics from kate being star of the week. by the way, caleb loved his cd!
you are definitely supermom!! what a cute idea to do cd's for the kids in the class!! and I love the hiking pics as well!
ReplyDeletei had to read that for english last year...wow she's ahead
ReplyDelete