Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Week

We have a pretty awesome pumpkin patch nearby, and between two field trips and one family trip, we visited a lot this week. I particularly enjoyed taking the kids on Monday. Neither of them had school, so it was so fun to just spend the day together, taking things at our own pace (already it was hard to believe this was the kind of adventure the three of us took all the time pre-Kindergarten).
Danny's preschool teacher has T-shirts made with each child's self-portrait printed on the front.
More fall fun: One of my favorite dinners this week was potato soup, pumpkin muffins, and mixed greens topped with hot sauteed pear slices. It felt so fall-ie! A friend of mine made pumpkin cup cakes out of just spice cake mix + a can of pumpkin. They were so good I can't wait to try it myself. Brent and I also went on a haunted train ride. It was a full hour of being freaked out, but it was so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids and pictures are so stinkin' cute! Love the book too. I've downloaded the software, now I just have to do it!
    Love the pumpkin cupcakes tidbit! I wonder how that would taste with like a cream cheese frosting. Must try!

    ReplyDelete