Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Blurb Book Is Done!

I have done it. After only three nights of staying up until 1 am (I honestly thought it would take more), I have created a blurb.com book of the past year of our lives. I started blogging a year ago, so I used my posts, journal, and fave photos to catalog 987 megabites-worth of fantastic family togetherness. I've been wanting to get it done so in the coming year I can keep the photo size requirements and such in mind as I blog. Below are thumbnails a few of my favorite spreads.











10 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I ask how much a blurb book costs to make. I have made a number of apple books but they are rather limited in what you can do with the pictures and especially the text. Maybe if blurb books are cheeper or even the same price it would be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber it is beautiful! I started working on one and got distracted, I'd really like to get it done now and this is extra motivation! I've been blogging for almost 2.5 years, I want to have a permanent something to hold in my hands to show for it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted this!! I am working on mine while on bedrest. It is such a tedious process... I have like 150 pages. I love how you made some of the pictures so big... thanks for the inspiration... I'll keep plugging along. At least I'll have something to show for all this bedrest (oh yah, a baby too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    Here is the pricing page for the size I am getting:
    http://www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing#standard-landscape
    ($38 for a hardcover up to 80 pp.) We've done mac books too. The price is similar, I think. I actually liked the interface of blurb a little better (though it's been years since we did our mac book) and I liked how easy it was to pull content from my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amber,
    i linked her through Shandis's blog! It is nice to see people from HS! Your family look great! You can check out my family blog at the pierce porch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber Your book looks great!! I will be coming to you with lots of question in the next few months!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so freakin' awesome!!! job well done. i love the photos of kate and danny together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i am soooo inspired. Like you, it has been a few years since I've done a mac book and I've been wanting to find a way to incorporate the blog. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! I am thinking of doing the same thing...I absolutely Love it Amber! Your pictures are adorable and I bet the stories along with them are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful, please describe the process to me the next time we're on the phone. I'd really like to know if there's a best way to blog to make blurbing easier. Lots of questions!

    ReplyDelete