Pumpkin cupcakes. If anyone was planning to make the pumpkin cupcakes I mentioned earlier (1 can pumpkin + 1 box prepared spice cake mix), you need to know that it is a 15 oz. can of pumpkin. I tried to make it today with the larger can--no good. I called the friend from church who made them to get the correction. The funny thing about this story is that another friend from church called me earlier because she was making a sauce recipe of mine that wasn't working out right. It's kind of fun in a way that we're all trying and messing up each others recipes.
Blurb book. We got our blurb.com book yesterday. The picture quality was good but I was disappointed with the paper quality. I think blurb has a premium paper option, maybe I should have tried that?
It's been a fun week. My kids discovered something new this week: VHS tapes. (Don't worry, we do have a DVD player too). My kids got some tapes from a friend and are absolutely thrilled that they are allowed to handle them and carry them everywhere they go without anyone freaking out that they'll get scratched. I guess progress has its sacrifices.
We went to movie night this week at Kate's school. Don't the kids look cozy and ready to watch a good flick?

Brent also took Kate on a date. A month ago or so he came home from work and Kate rushed him to her room saying, "Dad, look, I picked out a perfect outfit for the next time you take me on a date!" What father can resist that? So when he saw that Sac Ballet was performing Alice in Wonderland, he got tickets. (Brent doesn't exactly
love ballets.) We both tried to convince Kate to wear her Halloween costume, because she's going to be Alice, in fact we tried to shamelessly manipulate her, but she just wanted to wear a nice dress. They had a great time, with Kate twirling the whole way into the theater. And Danny and I had a good time at home.

We had a surprise 60th birthday party for Dad Fawson. Truly I couldn't ask for a better father-in-law, so it was really fun to honor him--and throw him off a little.

Kate's been waking up with leg cramps the last several mornings. So we've had to treat her like our little invalid for the first half hour or so after she wakes up. They seem to be wearing off.

I've been running with another mom from Kate's school. Before this I was missing going on long runs, so it's been so nice to do it again--we're planning to do a half marathon. We do a couple runs a week in the pitch dark, which is new for me. But I really feel like it's been a God send because I was having such a hard time fitting everything else in after exercise. Now I feel like I've freed up enough time to handle church and other responsibilities. It's a really good thing we ran on Sat. Because I was perfectly sedentary rest of the day. Brent took turns taking Kate and then Danny to help with an Eagle scout project--of painting. He really enjoyed the one-on-one time with each and says they didn't get paint in too many wrong places. In the meantime I ended up working on a project I've been hoping to do for a long time, and I posted my first ever call for bids on Elance.com. We'll see if it works out or not, here's a sneak peek.
It looks like you've been having lots of fun! I especially like that it's warm enough there you can do movies outside still. The wagon/garden cart is such a great idea!
ReplyDeleteI've had pumpkin cookies with those same ingredients as well. Spice cake, pumpkin, and choco chips of course!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite picture is of the kids in the wagon. Too precious.
I love the Daddy-daughter date. You have such cute traditions. Keep blogging about them so I can copy them when I have kids. :)
I miss you Cali Fawsons! I love your father-in-law too! He's the greatest.
What's Elance.com? Are you selling some crafts?
... I think that's all I had to say. Whew. Lots of disjointed thoughts spewed one right after another. Hope you kept up. :)
Lacey--Your mom made us the best ever cookies from chocolate cake mix once. I've made them about 100 times since. We seriously do need to get the families together at some point. It would be so fun.
ReplyDeleteElance is this great place where you can get bids from freelancers to do web design, writing, etc. At least half the bids come in from India, kind of nuts. I'm working on Andrea to start a Wordpress blog with me.
Love the wagon pic too. So sweet. Was the movie outside? And the Daddy/Daughter date to the ballet is totally rad.
ReplyDeleteThe VHS bit cracked me up. I took Lincoln to the library today where they have shelves & shelves of VHS. The poor boy will be so confused once he actually gets his hands on one.
Happy birthday to your FIL! He's pretty great as an uncle too :)