





Last weekend was our ward party, which was a talent show this year. Brent and I were recently called to join the activities committee, so we had a hand in preparations. But we're new to the skill of feeding 100+ people and of transforming the gym into a festive holiday concert hall, so I called in backup, thanks Danee. Danee is a wiz at this stuff, and came up with the idea for a Grinchey theme. (I'd say she and I make a great team, but it was more like she was the decorating genius and I was the admiring side kick, see the Davis blog for more pics from her). Kate had a great time helping out, too. Kate often throws parties for us in her bedroom, and there are always decorations, games, and refreshments, so she was a natural choice for a party preparation assistant.
The night went well. The kids sang twice and Brent played the sax with a couple different youth from the ward. (Below is a video of the kids rehearsing on their own.) Afterwards, everyone let us ditch out on much of the cleaning so we could head down to San Jose.


We got to spend Sunday with Grandma and Grandpa Barthule, and without planning it, Danny and Grandpa wore the same, very handsome, church outfit. Grandma sent us home with cookies, a nut roll, fudge, and presents to go under the tree. I'd have to say the trip down worked out to be a pretty good deal on our side.
i LOVE THE decorations. I think the hardest part is scale and you did that great with the large cone trees. Did you have centerpieces on each table? The garland totally fits with the theme. It reminds me of the grinch's hand fur! My only concern is that I think Kate is wearing her pants backwards. You might look into that.
ReplyDeleteI Love You--I am the most blessed person in the world to have you as a sister and a friend. Merry Chirstmas.
I'm afraid i'm a little slow and am going to need some additional photographic documentation and/or exploratory narrative with respect to the water balloons that are both suspended and intricately encompassed by green yarn
ReplyDeleteAmber, you give me WAY to much credit. WE were a great team and I thought that it was a blast. I look forward to many more years of fun projects to do together. Love the matching outfits with grandpa and Danny.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! At first I thought they were performing in front of the entire crowd! That must have been a fun party!
ReplyDelete