Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving and SYTYCD






Thanksgiving this year was great. Really a nice day. We hosted for the first time. We had 11 at the grownup table, and 4 at the kids' table, though there was some controversy started by Dad Fawson about having his preteen grandkids at the grownup table, as he wasn't invited to the grown up table until he was 20. But Sue and Buba were so good mannered we had to let them stay. We had representation from the Fawson and Hoeger side (the Fawson parents and Andrea's family, and my Grandparents and sister Angela). And true to the spirit of the first Thanksgiving, at least the fabled version of the first Thanksgiving, all parties cooperated and enjoyed each other, and every one brought great food! Oh, I could go on about the food, and I will--Cleo's cheese ball, Yvonne's lemon pie, Andrea's cranberry cake, Brent's smoked turkey. There's more but I'll stop there. Angela made a great contribution--a fantastic kids' table. The day was really enjoyable. The kids got to run around with their cousins, people occasionally snuck away to write on our "Thankful wall" (though again, there was controversy here as Richard wasn't quick enough to get his wife's name up on the Thankful wall) and I got to peel potatoes with my Grandma and chat. We talked about how fun it is to watch down the lane for a car full of guests you're waiting for, just like in the old days, and about several other things, like not putting carrot peels down the disposal. After dinner Angela and Sue led the kids in making oreo turkeys, and the men cleaned up. Thanks, men! And we finished off the day with Brent and Rick all kicking our butts at Trivial Pursuit, like usual.

SYTYCD
Okay, Cherie, Michelle, Julianne we wish you could have been there. Angela and I went to the So You Think You Can Dance concert and it was wonderful, so wonderful. Angela screamed a lot, I screamed too, and we apologized to the man next to us during the intermission, but still screamed after that. I think Sara worked the hardest, she was in everything, including a new breaker routine with Hawk and Dominic. Dominic, by the way, mooned us all and then came back later to apologize. He's a wild one, that Dominic. But you had to love him, because you could tell he was pretty excited to be performing for his hometown. And, of course, we freaked out about how much Neil looks like Chris. It's just so similar. They do the same eyebrow thing, they both look up to the corner while they're thinking, it's too much. One day I will post a pic of Neil and Chris and you will all see what I mean.

Angela, what was your favorite? I know you liked the three breakers and also liked Girlfriend, except you wanted Anya in it, not Jamie, and I know you liked Apologize and Sabra and Dominic's hip hop. I expected my favorites to be Neil and Lauren's Angel/Devil routine and Neil and Lacey's "reunion in heaven" routine, but they didn't quite nail it. Jamie and Hawk nailed the humming bird routine and Lacey and Danny nailed their Salsa to Hip Hip Chin Chin.

All in all a fun night. Now it just occurred to me that all Hoeger-side girls are dancers. Why have we not done something about this, ladies?!?! What do you say, girls, should we go next year? We can convince mom to join us (we'll allow for gymnasts). Angela will figure out how to get us all backstage passes. She's taking a class from Sabra over Christmas. Put in a good word for us, Angela.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun. However, it might have to be a husband and wife night, as I can see Dad (and probably Brent, Jon, Chris and Kyle as well) wanting to go. After all, they are about as hooked on the show as we are. (At least that's what happened here in Boise.)

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. You are super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The golden coloring in that first picture is amazing! Great idea for a Thankful wall.

    ReplyDelete