Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Last Day of Summer

 I always feel like the last day of summer has to be something kinda momentous. Like we've been given one final day of freedom and we have to make it count.

Today turned out just perfect. No seriously. The kids woke up and read. Just read, for like an hour. It was a perfect lazy morning for them (while I ran around and got stuff done!) Then Danny decided to clean and vacuum the whole house to earn some money. I love this kid.

By late morning, we decided the thing to do was go to Funderland. We got a deal so I splurged for the unlimited-ride wrist bands. The kids were drunk with freedom, they could do any ride they wanted, as many times as they wanted.

We headed home to get a little more work done, and then it was time for back-to-school Father's blessings. Brent gave Kate, then Danny, then Reid, and even me (Reid suggested it and we agreed it wasn't a bad idea) each a beautiful blessing for the new school year. I think we are ready.


 

2 comments:

  1. i sure wish we lived closer! We start on Monday and I've been thinking the same thing all week..gotta make the last week count! So fun! We read Treasure Island as a family last year and Adley just LOVEd it! Hope Danny is enjoying! Looks like you are all doing well! Lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started the tradition of mom getting a blessing too, last year! Really who needs an excuse to be blessed?!? xo

    ReplyDelete