We can't believe it. Our little boy is five.
After some serious family talks, we agreed, well I agreed that I would give the kids birthday parties this year. Things were a little hectic getting ready, but it was so worth it. The kids were in heaven. Danny wanted a Mario party and for him, this was like Mario world had really come and settled in on his reality. He spends every spare moment of his life either drawing pictures of Mario or strategizing about how he'll beat Super Mario Galaxy the next time we let him play, so Mario is a big deal around here.
We'd planned to decorate bikes outdoors for our little Marios to race around on, but it rained, no poured on both kids' party days. So for Danny's party we threw together a Yoshi egg hunt and a few other things. Danny insisted that the Yoshi eggs have spots, this was the real deal after all, and went ahead and put them on himself. We had great fun with all our Mario's running around. And Reid took his first ever 3-hour nap, which made the whole thing possible and enjoyable for me too.
Danny wearing a crown that Kate decided to make for him that morning. They are close like that, and I love it. Nothing could make a mom happier.









So cool. I'll bet the boys were thrilled with their hats! What an amazing party. You outdid yourself (but that doesn't seem to be unusual). Again - wonderful memories for Danny. Such a special day for him.
ReplyDelete