Sunday, November 29, 2009

Highlights from Our Fall

We've had a couple exciting weekends. A weekend with our friends at their cabin (thanks, Dicksons!) and then on to Yosemite for one day of happily loitering in the valley beneath half dome. Thanksgiving week was just as great, with lots of family time and yummy food (hooray for artichoke dip and bratworst stuffing!), a trip to the city with cousins and Aunt Amanda and Uncle Brant, and a day in San Jose with Great Grandma and Grandpa. What a great fall.

Danny has been playing roller coaster games on PBS kids and decided to make his roller coaster planning a reality.
Hanging out.
Snow!

We didn't want Reid to miss out.

Kate wanted to know why there was an icky sign.
Half dome. And the kids' and my first time ever to Yosemite. Wow.
We frolicked.

Kate's first time ice skating. She was enthralled with everything from her pretty ice skates to the view. She was in an unfallable mood the whole time, even while falling.
The kids were mezmorized by the aquarium.
Brave Aunt and Uncle.
Ladies and gentlemen, meet the girl who made cranberrey sauce from scratch all on her own. She even squeezed the OJ.
Thinking over the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I love that you posted one entry for the entire fall! I think I'll be doing the same when I get around to updating our blog... Something about having a new baby doesn't leave for much time! So fun. "We frolicked" is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! We wish we could have seen you guys! We miss everyone so much! You guys look like you are doing great and Reid is looking so big! He looks different in every picture we see! Looks like you guys had fun in the snow and we are anxious to follow your lead. We love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, i LOVE the frolicking pic. you look like a teenager. and, i must say, props on the loomis beanie. i wish i could balance on ice skates. you're way more coordinated than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate looks so grown up! What a cute family, babies grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amber!

    I tried to email you, but I have an old address. :)

    I started a crafting blog recently. www.thesassypepper.blogspot.com

    I was wondering if I could feature your gift blog soon as a post? Would you mind? A lot of the items I will be doing tutorials on and such are gifts, but I thought it would be great to feature your blog that is ALL about giving.

    Let me know!

    Leisa :)

    ReplyDelete