After being home from Hat Creek for about a week, we headed up to Tahoe with all of the Fawsons for a week of mountain bliss! If there's anyway I can spend the first week of August there next year I will do it. We figured it would be the perfect last adventure, then we could come home and spend a week or two getting ready for the baby. Little did we know Reid would be here 4 days later. Woa.We spent the weekend picnicking, kyaking, geocaching, river rafting (very mild river rafting, though getting stuck on almost every rock added some good adventure), watching Shakespere at Pope's beach, and having s'mores. We had one particularly ambitious kyaking trip we took with our family of four in a tandum. Details in the videos below.
Thanks for an amazing week, Mom and Dad Fawson!
Me and Allison, my pregnant counterpart for the trip. Brian and Allison are due in about a month. Good luck, guys!
We found some very cool Geocaches. This one had baseballs to sign instead of a log.
Pope's beach.
Cute cousins!

That sounds like such a great week! We're planning a week at Tahoe in August next summer-- I'd love to hear where you stayed and any tips you have!
ReplyDeleteOf course, after you get settled with your new addition to the family. Congratulations!
hello cousins!!! looks like a really wonderful trip.
ReplyDeleteSo fun! And you got some really good pics! I love the one of all the family at inspiration point! The videos are pretty cute! Looks like that kyaking trip is just the thing Reid needed to decide it was about time to come out. We had so much fun with you guys! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteUm, I think it was 7 miles of rowing on rough water that put you into labor, not that scrumptious fruit tart! You guys are crazy!! We were there the first week of August too and we couldn't even take the boat out on the water because of the wind and white cap warnings! I bet it was exhilarating to say the least! You are amazing and Reid is adorable! It was so fun to see you at church in Tahoe!
ReplyDelete