Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wish us luck

Brent and I have had this dream for a couple years that, once the kids were old enough, we'd have a family project each summer of making a documentary film together. I figured this way we could give them an educational experience, and if I didn't sit down at the kitchen table with them doing workbooks I wouldn't feel too guilty (we've done alright with reading and music, but even that is so hard for me to fit in when we don't have a set schedule, does anyone else feel this way?) So our goal for this summer was to film a documentary that was (a) friendly for a 4 and 6-year-old and that was (b) very doable. We came up with the idea of a Geocaching documentary. (Here is the blog we set up for it.) And here comes the very doable part, we're hoping to collect videos from other people. Over the last couple weeks we planted a few travel bugs in geocaches calling for footage. They've been picked up, so we're hoping for video. Do you think anyone will do it? I really hope so. So I'll post some fun pics from where we've been over the last few weekends with friends and family and of us hiding our bugs along the way.











2 comments:

  1. hey Amber! I love reading your blog and seeing all the great moments your cute family seems to capture together. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant! What a fun project! I am going to learn more about geocaching because of you and maybe try it with our kids. Ethan started 1st grade this week and I want him to have fun at school - but have more fun at home. :)

    ReplyDelete