Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I hope you had a great mothers day. Brent had a little stroke of genius this year. He completely cleaned up the patio, yard, and garage. Cleaned up isn't a strong enough word, he reclaimed them from chaos.  The timing was just right because the weather was amazing, and we were able to enjoy the weekend outside. I even made a set of giant pick up sticks for us to play outside. (and bonus, Brent even set up and filled an emergency water storage tank!)


From hostile, knee-high weeds to an inviting patio! What a transition.

One of the kids favorite attractions at Fairytale town is the "crooked mile." Brent took the mower to our back field and came in to announce to the kids he'd made them their own private crooked mile. It was fantastic.
And Brent's become a very smart man. When he needs a gift for me, he just goes to Anthropologie. I was so completely thrilled with two new plant pots, one with flowers and one with fresh basil. Hooray.

A couple other highlights:
It was Danny’s first ever performance singing with primary. I imagined Kate and Danny going up hand in hand, and Kate didn't disappoint me. She put her arm around Danny’s shoulder, and they proceeded to the front. Sadly we were gone last Sunday, so they didn't actually know the song. But they stood very reverently.

All day Sunday kate was itching to "sew something or cook something or build something." She is loving sewing and is making me teach her even though I'm the world's worst seamstress. Finally, after mixing lemonaid on her own and convincing me to sit down and help her sew a Barbie pillow she went to bed satisfied. 

Danny has become quite the scientist. He names bugs with scientific names and tells us about inventions that involve pullies, wheels, axels, and levers. Today he caught three frogs and at least as many tadpoles and was in complete heaven over it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! So cute! First, I love your pregnant tummy!!! Second, what a cute family! Your kids are so adorable! Thirdly, that patio! I am so jealous! It looks like such a relaxing place! Kudos to Brent for making it so! I am so glad you had a good mother's day. You so deserve it!! And lastly, what fun activities! You and Brent are so creative! It sounds like you all are doing great! Kate and Danny are growing up so fast! I can't believe I have been around since Danny's baby blessing and now he is this little man! It has been fun so see how Kate has grown up too! You have an amazing family! I can't wait to meet the fifth member!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! I am so glad that Mother's Day was wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable!!! I love that style of dress. I have a top like that. By the way, My blog isn't private anymore, so if you re-add it to you blog reader thing it will tell you when I update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe that you ran a 1/2 marathon prego!! you are an amazing lady!! i am due a month afer you and i can barly walk down the street!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, you live a blissful life. i should say, you create a blissful life for you and your family and that is worth celebrating! you are an amazing lady! miss you!

    ReplyDelete