When I was 1,
I had just begun.
When I was 2,
I was nearly new.
When I was 3,
I was hardly Me.
When I was 4,
I was not much more.
When I was 5,
I was just alive.
But now I am 6,
I’m as clever as clever.
So I think I’ll be 6 now
for ever and ever.
{A.A. Milne, Now We Are Six}
I had just begun.
When I was 2,
I was nearly new.
When I was 3,
I was hardly Me.
When I was 4,
I was not much more.
When I was 5,
I was just alive.
But now I am 6,
I’m as clever as clever.
So I think I’ll be 6 now
for ever and ever.
{A.A. Milne, Now We Are Six}

Happy birthday Kate! She's such a pretty little thing.
ReplyDeleteYou should post your streusel muffin recipe. They look delicious!
ok these are just TOO cute! love the pics. happy birthday, kate. she's just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWas this a Fancy Nancy party? Love the pictures. I can't believe that we have kids this age.
ReplyDeleteI hope Kate had a fun birthday. It looks like it from the pictures. She's so beautiful. It's hard to believe that she's six. I guess it has been five years since we've seen her. We love March 5th because Kate, Rachel, and Maneesh were all born on that day.
ReplyDeletehey Kacey--thanks for the wishes!! March 5 is a good day!
ReplyDeletehey Jennie! She actually loves Fancy Nancy lately, so I suggested that as a theme, but she opted to call it a princess picnic. But we are seriously on a Fancy Nancy kick around here.
Wow - you have a six year old! Doesn't that seem unreal at times? I LOVE that poem and am going to remember to copy your post in a few months when mine turns 6!
ReplyDelete