Monday, January 21, 2008

Serious Ice Cream






Last Saturday we headed down to Vacaville to pick up some bathroom accessories (for the bathroom we may never finish) at the Restoration Hardware outlet. We also hung out with Hancocks, our Vacaville cousins, and went out for ice cream at Fenton's. At Fenton's, they do not mess around when it comes to ice cream. A small scoop roughly equals a half gallon, I'd wager. Notice Brent and I each ordered our OWN black and tan. Why share when you can consume a half gallon on your own? You can see our cousin Todd really getting into his. Ice cream at Fenton's was a tradition for Brent's family growing up. Every time they'd head in to Oakland his parents would take the whole family out and let each child order their own colossal ice cream fixture. His mother, of course, always brought her own tupperware for taking the leftovers home.

I also had to throw in a picture of the picnic Kate prepared for us yesterday, b/c it was kinda cute.

7 comments:

  1. I can close my eyes and see my children's giant eyes and hear their squeals of delight the first time they saw their Fenton creations. It is one of those gems you never forget. We visited after enjoying the Christmas lights at the temple.

    Love
    MOM F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AmberLee! I love your blog! You have a darling family and clearly some serious adventures (and many more likely to come with Coolie & Moolie!!) Thanks for sharing! I'll be back to check in with you often! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! I love ice cream. Those look amazing. What cute pictures of the kids. What do they put in a 'black and tan' There's something special about going out for ice cream. I remember getting Baskin Robbins 'clown cones' when I was kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick always says ice cream is serious business! Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMM!!!!! Fenton's Ice Cream!!! I miss that place sometimes, though when it is 20 degrees outside it is hard to want ice cream. Thats why Fenton's would not make it here.

    Hey I want to hear and see more about Coolie and Moolie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen,
    The black and tan is toasted almond ice cream and hot fudge sauce. It's pretty amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvonne probably took that ice cream and put it right in her freezer, next to those pre-made frozen dinners for when things get frisky. Or so I was told when I was an impressionable young man... :)

    ReplyDelete