Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to this week:

Kate is probably the most responsible person in our family, and she's vying for position as best homemaker too. This week, she saw our lemon tree full of lemons waiting to be picked, so she picked them and decided to make lemonade. (Thanks for the new juicer, Grandma Barthule). She also announced she would take over all plant watering this week, after seeing our one houseplant was neglected and droopy. So far, she has done a good job.

We got a recorder concert this week, performed by the kids.
Danny is also trying to follow his sister's example and practice violin. He is always very serious when he plays:

Dad, here's a better close up of Coolie and Moolie, as you requested.


We had a big storm last weekend that left several of our friends without power for a couple days (which is tougher when you have a well). We kept power, but had a couple oaks break and fall. This one fell onto our fence. The fence shouldn't be too hard to fix (for
Brent to fix that is), and luckily the cows didn't try to make an escape. It was funny to go out and see them in the storm. Rain was blowing sideways, trees were falling, the wind flipping things around, and they just stood there staring at me and chewing, just as happy as if it were a sunny day in the middle of May. The next morning I went running and saw all kinds of carnage, trees balancing on power lines, the entire top of a palm tree snapped off, it was nuts.
Cute pictures of the kids!
ReplyDeleteOf all the people I know you are at the very bottom of the list of people that I would have guessed to own cows! I have to know what you are going to do with those cows?!?
ReplyDeleteHey so this is a sweet blog and we love to see all the fun you're having. We finally have internet again and are back in the 21st century. Allison needed it for school in a major way. Anyways we want to blog and we would love to know how to make our own for all to see.
ReplyDeleteHi Shandis, I'm sorry to tell you, that we don't have our cows for a very glamorous reason. We got them to be lawn-mowers, and then, Brent says, we're going to go away for the weekend and come back with packages of beef in the freezer. I'm not a beef lover, and I'm not quite used to the idea (I thought cows got to be like, 9 or 10 before you slaughter them, not 1 or 2! Such a short time on this earth!). But Kate's cute preschool teacher (who is a country girl) heard we had cows, and assured me that she would start helping me prepare Kate now by talking about the different uses of animals.
ReplyDeleteAmber,
ReplyDeleteI got your blog from shandis. Your family is so cute. I love that you have cows and the names of the cows are the best! would love to hear from you. Annie
Coolie and Moolie?...I thought Brent named them hamburger and tri-tip? I think the kids will do better with your names.
ReplyDeleteLove
Mom F
Our dinner is hairier than I thought they would be.
ReplyDelete