Spending a day in San Jose with Grandma and Grandpa is our favorite. Bringing my kids to the same house I went to for visits to see Grandma and Grandpa, seeing my favorite details, smelling the same smells in the garden and Grandma's kitchen, playing the same games and admiring the view from the same deck, it is all such a luxury. And the candy bowl and Grandma's dinner and desserts and the good talks make for a perfect weekend. And Grandma always makes red Jell-o and other treats just for the kids. Just a few typical pics of our last visit.
Makes me want to pack up my girls and drive straight to San Jose right now! How wonderful that Kate, Danny and Reid will have such fond memories of visiting Grandma and Grandpa Barthule as they grow up. I also see they have managed to achieve a status that I was never able to achieve by being able to read and hang out in the formal living room ;)
ReplyDelete