Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Weekend


We made a quick trip to the south bay this weekend to spend some time kicking back with great Grandma and Grandpa. I don't know who likes it more, the kids or me. The kids walk into a weekend of eating from the candy bowl and watching the Disney channel at their own discretion, plus lots of fun with the most wonderful and adoring Great Grandma and Grandpa that ever were. I get to soak up Grandma's amazing garden and view, Grandpa always accompanies us out to the deck and we have great conversations, and Grandma fills our tummies with yummy meals, then sends us home with Christmas presents. Seriously. Plus, Kate and Danny are totally into Wheel of Fortune now. It so fun watching them get into it with Grandma. And Reid and Grandpa were neighbors at the dinner table, and they were a riot. It is the life, thanks for a wonderful weekend Grandma and Grandpa.

We fit in a trip to the Tech museum, also a big hit, and a visit with San Jose friends. I don't know what it is about San Jose, it always makes me feel at home. Love it there. Maybe the 70-80 degree sunshine helps. We stopped by a couple of our old favorites spots too (we heart Pizza my Heart!)

On the way home we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Fawson's so Kate could get some coaching for her upcoming drama audition. Reid was excited, "I see Grandma and Grandpa and then another one Grandma and Grandpa!"



 
Jeopardy bonding time
 

 Danny was a super sweet brother and helped Kate memorize her lines.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time. Wonderful picture with Grandpa & Grandma :) So glad you were able to go. I know they absolutely love it when you visit.

    I had to delete my comment and add that I laughed out loud about Wheel of Fortune (maybe Jeopardy is next)! And, Reid's sweet comment about his grandparents. They are lucky kids with many who love them.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete