Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of 1st and 3rd Grade


A few moments to remember:
--While getting ready in the morning, Danny was looking out for Kate, he wanted to make sure she didn’t forget her earrings or anything else important that she’d planned. So sweet.
--We loved hearing the morning playlist papa put together for us, getting surprised with each new song.
--Kate told me she was feeling nervous to be going to a new school with new friends, but told me she had a little talk with Reid and that really helped her feel better.
--After Mustang Round UP, Reid and I followed Danny to class and were watching as Danny blew us a kiss, according to his teacher’s instructions, then disappeared into his first grade class. (Danny was trying to blow a kiss and couldn’t spot us, luckily we came into his view right in time. Phew.)
--We managed to zip over to Kate’s class and find her settling in her desk, looking less nervous.
--Reid was a little confused watching Danny disappear into what he was sure was the wrong classroom, and tried very hard, several times, to follow Danny into class instead of leaving with mama.
--Reid had a lot of adjusting to do, but didn’t seem to mind when we showed up at Sam’s club, and I let him walk along next to me instead of strapping him down to the cart. (Something I would be crazy to do shopping with 3 kids!) He seemed sure he was getting away with something. Mama and Reid also got to share a Gelato posicle and play at the Fountains.
--We stopped by the kids’ old school to pick up Isaac for a play date, and two of Kate’s dear friends came running up to tell me, “we miss Kate!” Then one of her cute friends sent her this email “Just want to say hi. I am missing you a lot at school. Seems nobody likes Harry Potter as much as we do. But I hope school is going well for you. Ask your mom if we can get together next Wednesday for a playdate.” Awww.
--We picked up Danny with Issac and he showed off his Harry Potter Lego Backpack and said “my mom put that on there.” Definitely one of my proudest mama moments ever.
--Ice cream at Taylor’s to celebrate! It was Isaac’s great idea.
--I asked Danny how the first day of first grade was, and he said “a million thumbs up.” Not bad.
And one final thought. It’s in the high 90s here, and I’ve thought about going swimming with just Reid some time, but I’m afraid I just couldn’t bear it! We miss you all day, Kate and Danny, but we're proud of you and so excited as you start another school year adventure.

The lunchbox we are so proud of!


 Kate told me she needed to have something special for the first day, so she planned curls and a headband and her K earrings.
 Of course Reid had to have a lunch too.

 Things at Sam's club were quiet. Too quiet.
Hmmm. Let's pretend I didn't just show you a picture of Reid eating a gelato-sicle and ice cream in the same day. He did have lots of healthy snacks too! (After all, we packed him his own lunch!)

We thought of Kate and Danny all day long. Reid and I missed them often and a lot, this is the part that really broke my heart. Reid climbed up into the tunnel at the playground and said, "camera!" I took out my phone and snapped this pic, realizing a picture earlier on this summer was the reason he decided he needed a picture there. Aw.


2 comments:

  1. Your kids are growing up and so dang cute!! Your days sound like mine with the "big kids" at school and home with one, loving every minute. Love the chalkboards, what a fun size too and darling idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy back to school! love the cute pics! the kids are looking so big! and the very cool harry potter lego guy (adley's totally into that as well
    :-)

    ReplyDelete