Yesterday was crazy and hectic. Two soccer games and a company picnic and lots to get done. But today totally made up for it.
We wore our pajamas and listened to General Conference.
The kids started by each setting up their own desks for working on the conference packets I put together for primary. Reid usurped Kate's desk. She was pretty good about it.

Later on in the day, Kate founded the "Craft Mania Works" company. She even recruited a sign waver to stand on the corner and point passing traffic to her headquarters.
And then she hosted a company party. Danny ate his entire grilled cheese with a fork and knife and carried on great conversation.

Then Kate announced that 4 to 5 p.m. was family mail time. Kate ran around the house delivering letters we all wrote to each other. Many great letters were exchanged on topics like dolphins and the Baby Sitters Club and plans for daddy-daughter dates.
I know I will enjoy when the kids can understand more at conference, but I am also loving this stage, where they listen a little and find ways to just enjoy the quiet time at home.
I'm pretty sure the day lasted three or four times as long as a normal day. We each got some time with each of the kids. It was perfect.
It left Brent and I talking about whether living here and now makes our chances of having a leisurely day like today more or less likely. Hmmm.
And as a personal note, I loved Oaks' talk defending organized religion, loved the talks about baptism and the baptismal covenant, about "Receive the Holy Ghost" being a commandment and taking on Christ's name, and loved the beginning of Pres Monson's talk today.
I am totally behind on this blog and wonder if it is reasonable to think I might catch up with a few important posts. Like Danny's first day of kindergarten! Crossing my fingers.

No comments:
Post a Comment